Saturday, July 11, 2009

The first of what I hope to be many....

Just starting out.....wow, it has taken me 3 months to do this much!! I hope I can stay with it and post often.

Where to begin.....

Well, I'm a 40-something mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend. I work at a college in the midwest and have for 23 years. My one and only son has graduated from high school and decided to join the Marines. This is something he has wanted to do for quite some time - 8th grade or so. I'm not real jumped up about his decision, given the situation in the world right now, but I am backing him up because this is what he wants. So tough for a mom to do that sometimes, but that's part of the job description, isn't it? Your child takes and gives just like you do and the turnout sometimes isn't what you want, but you get there together. Stay with me on this journey, I think I'm going to need all the support I can get from whomever, wherever!!

I love anything primitive-country for my home. I love to read the blogs all over the internet about primitive-country goodies, and have bought many things from ebay and all over to quench the thirst that I have!!! I absolutely love to go to little country primitive stores and shop, get ideas, shop and display in my home!! It's such an addiction that I know I am not alone in!! Oh, and candles - for the love of it all - candles!! A major weakness of mine!! The first step in addiction is to admit it - right? Well, I love a first step and I am admitting my addiction, but you know what??? I'm not stopping!!!! No intervention for me!!

Well this is enough for my first post....stayed tuned, I'm sure I'll be back!!!

Robin -

No comments:

Post a Comment